Wednesday, December 21, 2011

home

with all of this warm weather it's been hard to wrap my head around the fact that christmas is just around the corner..one thing that definitely brought me some christmas cheer was caroling in jackson square..a tradition that has been going on for many years in new orleans..a few of my roommates and i joined about 8,000 other carolers on a chillier night than most and enjoyed the candlelight and christmas tunes..
and as i cross things off on my packing list (this is my must have for any trip) i am considering many things...how nice it will be to be home, back in pa with that wintery wind in my face..spending time with my family and friends...it'll be comforting to be back at my church and to experience the beautiful christmas decorations..and to embrace all that is home....but i will miss many things..this lively city and all the uniqueness that comes with it..the russle of the leaves that are still on the trees..although it will be nice to have time to relax i will miss my work and those who i serve...last but certainly not least i will miss my roommates who often provide me with laughter and inspiration..
"home is wherever we are..if there is love there too"
jack johnson

peace & love
jillian

1 comment:

  1. What a great sentiment. Thanks for sharing this reflection, and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas at home!

    ReplyDelete