Tuesday, September 6, 2011

orientation musings

I recently returned to NOLA from spending the week in Stony Point, NY for YAV orientation..the week was full of seminars..group discussions.. and one of my favorite things..laughter...learning about globalization, culture shock, and many other issues dealing with mission work was beneficial for preparing for my upcoming year and work that I hope to do in the future..but I must say the thing that stuck with me the most is the individuals I was surrounded by that week..hearing story after story of different YAV alum's experiences was thought provoking to say the least...by spending my time with numerious other YAVs serving their year nationally and internationally I consider myself blessed to have met such an inspiring group of people..it was comforting to be in a place where I was encompassed with such love and adoration for helping others..so while keeping me in your thoughts and prayers I hope we can all take in the larger picture and also include those around the world..since it is often a small world we live in..

"the most valuable places to be in the world..are in someone's thoughts..in someone's prayers..and in someone's heart.."

peace & love
jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment