Thursday, August 11, 2011

hopes

As I'm busy tying up loose ends and packing my suitcases I have a steady stream of about a thousand different hopes and plans for my upcoming year.  For those of you who don't know I will be living and volunteering this upcoming year in the beautiful city of New Orleans with the Young Adult Volunteer Program run through the Presbyterian Church (USA).  I am still not sure of my exact volunteer placement but will know for certain within the next few days.

As part of my commitment, I need to raise 6,500 in gifts and pledges for my year of service.  If you would like to make a donation of support, checks can be made out to the Presbytery of South Louisiana with my name in the memo line and sent to the following address:

Kathy Lee
YAV Coordinator
Presbytery of South Louisiana
3700 Gentilly Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70122

Throughout this entire process of preparing myself for a year long mission i can't help but be reminded of a certain church hymn I have always held dear to my heart.  To me, The Summons has always struck me as the epitome of what God calls us to do; trust in him and serve those in need.  I would like to sincerely thank everyone for your support whether it be in gifts, prayers, or friendship I truly appreciate everything you all have to offer. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you here.

peace and love,
Jillian


No comments:

Post a Comment